blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, September 10, 2007

Exhausted

Just played through the Grade 1 Suzuki Violin book. I'm still unable to play the last two songs 16, and 17. But the whole exercise from start to end took me 2 hours and a headache.

It was great tho, to see songs that you were strugging with a month ago, breeze through like they were nothing. I'm starting to enjoy the violin more than the guitar too, since it seems that my fingers find the right note almost automatically, and the violin has the notes spaced really close together, so there's none of that awkward reaching.

Haven't really been practicing much tho, cos of school work. I'm trying to catch up, before the break starts, cos I really want to have a good break, but the pace seems to be speeding up. And I'm pretty sure my break will be used for reading ahead again, so that I will have some leeway to totally ignore class and study what I'm supposed to be studying.

How violin fits into this bleak future, I don't know.

I don't want to give up violin. I see myself making progress, and really, it's the right instrument for lonely nights, for when there is lamenting to be done. But well, if I screw this up, there is definitely lots of lamenting to do. It's a good break, but violin can be so exhausting too. The very power you have... is so hard to control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home