blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wii and wiiings

So my mum has agreed in principle to get a Wii. She was watching the news and people were having fun with the Wii at launch and so she thinks it's time we bought a video game. My mum is the hippest mum ever.

I don't really talk about my life much on my blog, but recently, I've been having a great hall life even through the busy exam period. I really love staying with friends, and I made a few that I think I can depend on in the future. It's really nice, even though I haven't been putting much effort into my friendships.

I've been studying and working on my Biochemistry. Things are starting to fall into place, medicine wise, and I'm no longer as upset as I was before. It starts to make sense to me once I have a framework about things, and I think the next few years of medical school will go swimmingly. I'm starting to get back into "the zone" as well, which is something I really miss.

I've made friends with the little bird outside my door. He perches on my clothes rack, and he sings his songs to whichever girl might be hearing in the afternoons. I see him fluff his chest out and lift his chin, and he catches my eye, and turns around to see me better. I look warily to see if he's sitting on my clothes, but we have an understanding about that. He only perches on metal poles, and not clothes. Still, after two weeks of singing he's still alone on my balcony. I'd love to give him tips on dating, but I don't think birds have any cinemas to go to, or things to do besides singing and flying and grooming themselves. Still, there's a young female that's built her nest in the aircon vent of the hall person living below me. Maybe they'd meet one day and make lots of children.

It's strange hiding in a room by myself. The days seem to pass really quickly, and I seem to be watching the rest of humanity from my perch on the internet. I sing to myself, like the bird outside my door, but we're really from two different worlds.

He has wings and he can fly. I have brains, and I dream.

His life is grounded in the reality. My life is aloft with the possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home