blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Technology!

Ooh I'm checking out this bloging widget from my mac. It's suposed to send my text directly to the blog or something. Makes it easier to type stuff directly I think, or secretly at least instead of keeping an obvious blogger window open.

Well it's a nice note pad kind of thing and I can access it anytime I press F12, so that makes it so much likelier that I'll blog now. 

Anyway been doing the Waltz, and it's a really nice kind of dance. I could do it all forever with the girl I love. I guess I'm getting older/more mature/less fun. I'd rather do dances that are more satisfying and less difficult, than to do dances that are fast paced and beautiful but really take a lot from you and your partner to do well.

Watched the Hall Dance and Wushu item yesterday night by chance after Tennis training, and they were so amazing. I love the Dance item. Somehow they managed to put up a very convincing item after only 5 weeks or so of work. It was very beautiful because it controlled the pace and the movements so well. As an audience member, it seemed like a visualization of the music, there wasn't this emphasis on one or two particularly good dancers, but this general flow, and organicness to the dance. Like the rhythm of life, except for chinese dances, it's an organic rhythm, instead of the staccato beats of the african drums, or the ponderous bass beat of the waltz, or the mishmash of rhythms that is salsa.

I was just thinking I love chinese dance, while watching the performance, and I love chinese dance because it so reflects my philosophy of life. It's not about constant, beautiful motion, but moment of brilliance with the music, and slow segments to juxtapose and bring out the contrasts in the movements. I loved how the hall dancers managed to incorporate the meaningfulness into the movements, which i never got in salsa anyway.

Listening to Queen's Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, and it's such a beautiful perfect song. Check it out on YouTube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home