blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, July 31, 2006

Great Weekend!

Ohh I love Daph! :D She never fails to amuse me and she's just so wonderfully funny and nice as a person. She's like the sister I wish I had. Someone who speaks your mind, whom you can talk to about anything ANYTHING! And is horribly nice to get stuck in funny situations with. Case in point. I MSNed her while her dad was giving a lecture on her laptop. She describes it in greater detail on her blog :D Which I'll leave her to post the address of if she so desires. But when I knew about it I was like OMG. Haha... luckily I didn't say anything scandalous or secret. MSN is so scary sometimes!

Haha actually Jugs is scary too yeah? You never know who's reading it. I'm just writing here because I know I'll be reading it in the future and laughing at myself. You guys just go ahead and laugh at me now in the meantime :D

Mmm... but I guess I feel this greater urge to write simply because I feel like I'm losing my mind at times. Like I can't remember lots of things. It's no longer in focus.. that's what I feel. The content is there, but it's no longer at my fingertips like it used to be. Muscle memory is what I'm relying on now most of the time, a form of subconscious memory, but I really don't have a sense of the Now anymore. Everything is categorized into future and early past. Thinking of getting an MRI done because I know how my mind works... and it's not working the way it should.

I also love Claire! She played at the arts house at the old parliament, Earshot cafe on Saturday night, and it was amazing! I had a whole lot of issues before she played. With the sound guy, with my fatigue from Night Cycling the night before, with the talented singer/guitarist that needed a bass, with Mel, who did some emotional renditions of songs and familiar favourites. But Claire took my breath away because she wasn't just doing a rendition of a song. She was bringing me back to a place in her past. With a voice that changed tonally with each song, each phrase, each moment. Somehow after a while, the lyrics didn't matter, because I was entranced, and the lyrics and the music just changed the images and music bouncing within my head. I was just spacing out for a while, led by her. Like a connection...

But not really? Because everytime I looked into her eyes, I don't feel that she's looking at me. Perhaps it was the lighting, perhaps it was my state of mind, but I distinctly remember that she was gazing within when she looked at me. Perhaps her world resides there, behind the glassy cornea of her eyeballs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home