blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, June 26, 2006

Yes!

Yes daphne! Argh! I'm ashamed to declare that I haven't ever read Hamlet yet or your lonely bones reccomendation. Will Find Time.

But yes yes.. And no no..

Urgh daph. You put things into perspectives that are so different and yet so right. I thought at first you were alluding to the mortal coil idea, that we are restricted because we exist, and we just want to break free. But we can't because if we lose our existence, we lose our individuality, and then what is there to break free of?

Such a horrible paradox.

But no.. you mean different don't you? The man in the dream is me. Because while I dream, I retain my individuality and my freedom at the same time. I am free to be myself and who I want to be, as long as my actions and thoughts and feelings are of no consequence to the real world. And is it not like Hamlet?

Again I haven't read the play but from recollections...

Like how Hamlet slowly goes mad, and yet all that he does, and all that he sees, the dead king, his hatred of women, it's all in his mind but it doesn't change anything in reality. His wife still sleeps with his uncle who holds the throne, and some girl is still smitten with him no matter what he does. Gallant knight at night, keeper of the truth. But madman in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home