blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, May 29, 2006

Differences

Well the longer I'm in school, and in different kinds of schools at different times, it's interesting the predicaments I find myself in.

They're kind of the same but you never know if they're going to resolve the same way.

I don't know. It seems that there is always the initial smoothness in relationship, then some friction, then total nastiness, and then I need to exercise a bit of my power and then everything goes well.

I'm getting used to this cycle of events really, but I still have deep misgivings towards exercising power. I have a deep rage in my heart that I never let known, never unleash. And when it comes out, I always do things that I end up regretting. I don't know. I don't like the feeling of being out of control for once. I don't like the hot flush, or the singlemindedness of the kill. But when it comes on, all that matters is doing the most damage.

I don't know. Just thinking about it scares me. Please don't let me have another reason to use it...

I think there are differences in the world. Every culture sees things differently, and even more so in the medical faculty. We have different backgrounds. We grew up differently. We see the world differently.

In my world, being attached is not the be all and end all of a person. We do talk to other people, we do go out with members of the opposite gender alone. It's not a taboo of any sort, but the foundation is built very clearly that it is just friendship or common interests.

In another world, apparently, the world only has guy and gals if a girl gets attached. Well good luck to them really.

In my world, getting a girlfriend is important as keeping the girlfriend.

In another world, maybe just saying they're attached is enough.

In my world, people fight for the girl they love.

In another world, I guess they just exchange angry smses.

In my world, nothing's more important than a good friend. Friends last longer than relationships anyway.

In another world, relationships are forever and you can throw all your friends away and live in a world of two people.

In my world, I guess I just realize the importance of being with the people you love, whether they be attached or not. Because I always regretted not getting to know Justina better, after she got attached. Because I don't want my friends to break up without a safety net from depression. I always thought I'd have time to know Justina better later as a person and I never did have that time in the end.

In another world, I guess the person's more like a property than anything else, with social circles and friendships that you can cut and rejoin at will to suit the circumstances of the moment. Friendships that are created because we're in the same class or hang out together.

The friendships I have are tested. And I'm proud of my friends because they are the most wonderful and dependable people around. They keep me straight when evil thoughts are occuring around me. They understand me, and where I come from, and we discuss our differences. I know who they are, what they believe, what they have problems with. And they are all different people, interesting, helpful, with friends of their own.

I really respect the idea of friendship. Relationships? Bah what's that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home