blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, May 29, 2006

Art

Hmm.. in search of the art missing from my life.

Was just thinking about Geraldine and how she's such a great art partner. Someone to go to art galleries and watch movies and plays with me, someone intelligent. I miss that.

And I miss Porshee too :D My dear photogmate who's going on a trip to Japan with me at the end of the year. I miss the photo outings and photoshoots and the photo reviews!

And I miss Yujing too! Missed those moments walking through MITA and Ang Mo Kio and the press photography. Miss Botanic Gardens! and the top of Shaw.

Did art bring us together? And is art what will keep us together?

It's interesting after knowing each other for so long how easily we can identify each other's styles. How I know what a "Geri" dress will look like, and what an "Yujing" top will look like and what a "Porshee" top will look like. How art is really about us, at the very core.

I don't know what my art will say. I was thinking all day about art while walking through Esplanade and listening to Queen (some brit band). There are really nice collages out there, done by this amazing headhunted art prodigy or something at 24, and he has his own style of image too.

I think my life is my own piece of art. My life is shaped by my own hand, done in my own style. It's so easy to live according to someone else's style. So easy to do a Picasso, or to do a Van Gogh. The examples are out there for people to copy. But perhaps a life lived like that isn't worth the paper it was written on. I want my life to be a pretty portrait of me, in my very own style.

And so I thought, what's my own style then? Shit I don't have a style! Well I haven't been doing much art myself, but this is a good chance to put my stamp on something. :D My own art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home