blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Humility and the Meek

Well it's been a while since I wrote anything. During this Sunday morning's browsing, another moral lesson came around. Happened when I researched the guy that founded Ikea, cos they made a claim that he drives a 15 year old car, even if he's worth billions.

I respect him for that. Really. One will always be moved by the latest and newest, but it takes a certain sort of person to appreciate the story behind the objects you own.

It's interesting tho, that a person who is so sentimental in so many ways, and so humble, started a company that is known for exactly the opposite. Environmentally friendly yes, but they sell throwaway furniture, with skeletal staff. How do you make meaningful relationships with furniture that only lasts two or three years?

But this post is about humility and meekness. I always thought meek meant submissive, but I never knew it meant humility and gentleness as well. There's a line in the bible, the "meek shall inherit the earth", which I always thought it meant to submit to the rules and laws. But it could simply mean be humble, which i agree with. There's a big difference between humility and weakness, and it's a relationship I'm still exploring.

People often mistake meekness for weakness. I often make that mistake myself, but I guess I'm learning to recognize it. It takes a lot more confidence to be meek. Somehow, we often associate the loudest voices to be the leader of the group, but my heart is more easily swayed by someone confident in his knowledge, and humble about it. Because it is very easy to engage in battle (which is something I like to do), but it's very hard to hang back and see how the battle goes first. The meek..

The meek also makes me recall a certain annoying Magic: The Gathering card called Meekstone.
Which is a really annoying card.

So that's something cleared up I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home