blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Friday, March 24, 2006

Tired Nonsense

Urgh.. I hate exams. I'm sounding arrogant again, and I realized it only today. Exams make people cranky, but even worse, for me I've lost even the English Language.

I said Genetically Modified today when I meant Talented. I said one should go for either the most expensive item, or the most adequate, and gave some silly example about 10 000 people having the same Gucci handbag when I meant craftsmanship and personalization over expensive and exclusive items.

There are so many nuances in a conversation, and it's very hard to have a conversation when your brains are filled with non-english words, and still make meaningful, nuanced statements. Simple words just escape the mind.

I think like a monk really. Things I buy have to be two things. It has to be functional, and it's form has to fit its function. Price is usually secondary. The really useful things are cheap. Usually expensive things are not worth the money unless you bear to use it and lose it.

And that's the second part of my philosophy. There's no point owning the best thing in the world if you can't bear to use it or lose it. Nothing is best forever. Most best things become second best with time. Will you still want it when it becomes second best? How about third?

I hate to come across as arrogant, and I guess it comes across because I try to hard to present my spin on things. It's easy to just agree. The words are just there. But putting a new spin on things is hard, and to have meaningful conversations with people when you're tired is even harder. I hate sounding arrogant, and my ideas are not arrogant at all. One can be a very happy man with nothing. Making the most out of nothing is the sort of person I admire most of all.

Hopefully one day I can make do with nothing. But for now, I need some big ticket items to pull me through man... It's not because I'm splurging really. It's all stuff that I've denied myself for years in JC and NS and finally getting them in Uni.. so don't think I go on shopping sprees all that often. Look at my old clothes :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home