blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Songs

Claire's Blog and Songlist

Just listening to her voice in hall carry me and sooth me to sleep... This sort of songs I like. Never thought I'd hear them again, sung through the voice of my friend independently.

I don't know how many people've ever heard Kate Bush before... But her songs are in pretty much the same style. Same talented people, same unorthodox music. It's this dramatic music. Music that tells a story, through poetry, through emotion, through the exactly right selection of chords, intensity, tempo...

My fave selections from her recordings:
1) Mock Gravity ( I can't believe how good this is)
2) Wonderwall 17yr old version (first thing that i heard and liked)
3) Magic Hour ( I love the chorus, not the rest of it though)
4) OMG the ROCK MELON SONG!

It's strange how music can lift the soul. How music can touch someone across space and time. How it can make me sad, and make me smile, smell the rain of the MOELC, taste the empty places where people once stood.

I have a bunch of favourite songs, and they're all different. My favourite songs are like people. You walk past them, and something just draws you to them, something just tells you this song is important. Remember it. And then people get linked to songs, events get linked to songs. Eras get linked to songs.

Songs in my life, and people associated with them
1) Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton; Joy
2) Peng You - Zhang Xue You; Gangwei
3) If - Bread; Cuifen
4) Savage Garden CD; Laura
5) Cage - Dir En Grey; Li Ling
6) Xiao Wang Shu - Faye wong; Justina Li, Eldwin Ng
7) I want you - Savage Garden; Astee
8) Fen Shou Kuai Le - Liang Jing Ru; Geraldine, Angela
9) Bring me to life - Evanescence; Sea sports people
10)Norah Jones CD + lots of salsa tunes; Porshee
11)Mononoke Hime; Christie

Of course, there are so many other pieces that just bring a tear to my eye when I hear them, but they're linked to groups... Band Pieces like the Seventh Night of July, and Brazil, and Omens of Love. RGS pieces like I will survive and Those were the days. Kate Bush, and her song Wuthering Heights, and Houdini which drove me to read the book and the personality.

So many songs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home