blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Philosophy of love

I was just talking to Angela last night about my last blog entry, how sometimes what you consider winning is simply what you wish to have. Some people may want to win 100% of the time, whereas others just want to have fun 50% of the time, and win the other 50% of the time.

And then.. we said, at roughly the same time, people who don't know what they want like us, will lose all the time.

Christine and I talked about making more friends in med, even though our weekends are usually packed with other things.. it's hard to make friends when you simply don't spend enough time together. And she advised me to make more friends in med.

I'd love to make more friends in med seriously. I just met another bunch of guys in canoe polo, and i think sports people are really interesting. Benjamin taught me how to do the front crawl properly today, and we just had a blast playing polo.

I thought that front crawl, was very similar to the move that Barry tried to teach us at salsa last night. Very interesting how things come together in my life.

Mag was her funny self in polo. Hon lyn's just cool, i think i pushed her around wayy too many times. Rouan was funny getting into the kayak but her shooting is pretty amazing i thought. Haha mike's first or second time in a kayak i think.. quite funny to see him move around. His passing is damn good tho.. basketballer skills. Joachim chionging around again, Yansheng's unstoppable momentum. Ningyan's effective pushing... sprinting... passing... dribbling... Ben's huge passes to ningyan and being everywhere. All the other nice people that I didn't really look out for like gideon, calven, donald, kevin, simian. And alvin and zongxian and kelvin who helped make the whole training such fun! Really learnt alot from zongxian's tactical briefing, and I think our play improved quite a bit after that.

I think med is full of nice people and I hope I'll make good friends here. Good friends are made with time. Spend more time with them and get to know them better I guess.

Was just reading Ee Sang's blog, after realizing with shock that Hon Lyn linked me on her blog. Shocked in a .. I'm not exactly sure way... cos I think it's a pretty new addition, and I gotta go update the links on my blog too. Read about the changes in Sang's life.. thinking back to those days in Sea Sports Club, when Ee sang always went the extra mile to make everyone in the group feel comfortable and well fed, trained the hardest, went for almost every canoe polo activity together with Cheryl, and now she's quitting polo. Just read that the NUS female team is 1st in Singapore, on their board.

It's a decision of winning and having fun, sometimes they're equal, sometimes, when they're not, you've got to balance between winning, and how much fun you're actually having from the activity. I think we had a lot of fun playing in the past. Photographs of the memories, of learning something new, and then wanting to be the best at it. Our late night trashings, our first competition.

Surprised that Ee Sang's a friend of Hon's, just as I was surprised Sya's a friend of hon's too. I think I know more people than I think I do.

Sometimes we fall in love with something, and it means the world to us. I fell in love with band, fell in love with photography, fell in love with weiqi, fell in love with kayaking, fell in love with a person. Guess how many things out of all those I still do now. Guess what all those things now mean to me.

Sometimes I never really fall out of love. All that I fall in love with.. I think I'll love forever. It's just whether you want to give yourself the chance of falling in love with something else. I'm now wishing I could fall in love with something/someone/someplace. Maybe I'll enjoy skiing, maybe I'll enjoy medicine, maybe I'll enjoy the company of the people around me...

Love.. I dont' think I'll fall in love with a person just yet. I would love to have one, but I know and I will tell her that she is not my only love in life. And that's why I can't just love anyone. I have to make sure there's someone else in her heart, so that I will not be her everything. So that love... is shared amongst everything in my life.

I know some people will give their all in love. If you're willing to give your all for a person, what did you love before that? And why could you give up that love so easily for something else? Will you give me up too just as easily?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home