blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Another reflection

I haven't been writing for quite a while. the work involved in Medicine is just crazy. It's a good day today though, with the wind just blowing through the house, a quiet peace just settling around the place. It's like a chinese temple, like the one that stands next to my house, or the one that I visited in my youth. This stern, monolith of a building, with the wind breezing through the courtyard, and a silent prayer chamber, and this sense that you are finally alone, finally at peace, away from it all.

I used to pray for things I wanted. To do well, for health, for happiness, for ease in school/NS/life, for the health of my family, and resolution to their problems. But over the years, I simplified my prayers to say, this year has been a good year. Thank you. And it's a sort of mutual understanding now. Between me and Guan Yin, where I believe that life will be good as long as I do my part in keeping the balance, and he does his part, wherever he is.

He doesn't make me feel like I owe him anything. He doesn't say, tell me your troubles so I can fix them, tell me about all the things I can make better in your life. I don't feel like confiding in him either, all the little upsets and trials. It's just understood between us I guess, like a friend to another good friend. Dude, I'll keep myself alive and well wherever I am, and you better do the same too.

When we get together, let us just enjoy the moment, this moment of peace we have with each other.Let us form this connection and luxuriate in a common understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home