blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Sentiment

Someone just told me today that my medical entrance essay today was probably the emotional kind. She sat with me after the thing outside and told me I'm the sort that reads "Qiong Yao" and sobs away sort. For the record. I haven't read anything by Qiong Yao. But yeah, I believe her assessment was accurate.

I wonder why. I'm male.

The fact is, emotions is something that distinguishes my writing from anyone elses. What is written by me has a tempo, a flow. I try to keep a sort of wave feeling, like the vastness of the ocean as it nibbles at the beach. Nibble nibble nibble. Manipulating my metaphors, working with the raw of nothing. And just creating a beat, a pulse, a tempo.

What did I write about? Perhaps I wrote nothing more than the passing of dreams. While in that LT, sitting next to future doctors of Singapore, I was just thinking. Are you someone trying to be a superhero? Or are you just Superman, trying his darnednest to fit in with the rest of the human populace. Am I going to produce what people expect? Or produce what I expect of myself.

Life's not fair. Watch out world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home