blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Hmm strange strange life.

I'm continually amazed at the number of people who've called me pervert. I wonder why. Is it because my behaviour's strange? Or am I really that perverted. I don't know...

I think life's a silly thing to get all hung up over on pervertness or morality. Besides, don't understand what's so nice about girls anyway. Okay, this point must be clarified. As in I don't see people as Guys or Girls, as much as I see different personalities and interests. It just happens sometimes that a particular group of people of the same gender tends to have the same interests which I am personally interested in, and also tend to be more acceptable partly due to their gender. It's a little hard to explain, and I guess I'll sound a little homophobic here. But sometimes, there are stereotypes about guys and girls that I just cannot forget in my head. Like how guys should be more practical, and girls be a little more artistic. And it doesn't really help that the people who are most artistic are females, or that give me the best critiques be female. It happens, especially when you explore a world that's essentially intangible and subjective. Girls are more likely to give you an emotional and subjective response, rather than guys who'd give you a more concrete and specific comment on what they like or dislike.

Guys on the other hand, are perfect for judging the fitness of a structure, or the efficiency of your programme, or the quality of a certain object. I'm sure I'll have lots to say to guys on that sort of line. It's just that perhaps now, I'm more interested in the artistic region of space, now that I've sort of really really immersed myself in the silly sciences.

Does it really matter? Isn't it nice if someone's nice to you? Why complicate things by assuming, guessing, casting suspicions? If a person cannot accept spontaneous goodwill, that person probably also cannot produce spontaneous goodwill. And that's a sad thing for everyone, guys or girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home