blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Yay!

Just collected my merit prize today, at the South East CDC photo competition. $150 dollars. But I'm happy not because of the prize money, but because this family whom I met at the bus stop actually remembered my name and photograph! I think recognition is the most important thing, and it makes you feel the warmest.

Just went back to sec4, when this audience member came up to us and told us she absolutely loved our choice piece. Even though we didn't get top 5 that year, only gold, the fact that we touched someone's heart, and someone actually remembered our piece, made us happiest.

Haha.. this MC person also congratulated me by name, I don't think I've met him before, but it was sweet too... Quite a handsome amusing guy.

But yeah... I've also learnt to give my best. I was so absolutely irritated with the quality of my winning photo cos I spent like 15 mins on it only to produce a nice print. And all the correctable flaws just kept staring back at me. I resolve to work harder for the next two competitions, firstly because they're open category, secondly because I don't want a repeat thingy to occur again! Best or nothing!

Anyway yeah... it feels sweet when people you don't know keep a copy of your picture in their short term memories. It was all worth the effort and money and rude stares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home