blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Sleepless last night. Trembling even now, as the endless night draws near, to find the courage to recollect and recount the dream in all its entirety.

It was a dream, or more accurately, as it seemed to me, a nightmare. Made so because of its resonance, because I've had my fair share of Deja Vu's in real life, but never a deja vu in a dream. And never a nightmare repeated.

Last night, I dreamt that I walked into this house, with people looking at me, and kids bursting from a bedroom happy, smiling at me, and I hugged some of them. They still look vivid now, like it happened only yesterday. *swallows*.

But what disturbed me, was the knowledge that I imagined the same dream, not too long ago, and the kids were the same. But younger perhaps. Have they grown? I wouldn't be disturbed by the same dream just appearing twice, but there came a duet, almost in concert, a dream matching a dream. The same circumstance that I've dreamed not too long ago, and the dream that quickly followed. Of me walking past these carts holding merchandise, of a place that vaguely resembled Bedok Interchange, resembling the metro or NTUC carts.

I quickly woke, but not before seeing this image of a lady in white, quite distressed, with hair cascading down to her shoulders. And I lay still in my bed, and the night was still, and the shadows creeped all over my skin. I closed my eyes, eager to fall into another dream, a dream that was no longer of familiar places I've no memory of ever being, or familiar faces I've no memory of ever seeing. But every time I closed my eyes, I recalled images I've seen in movies, and other images I couldn't quite place. And geometric patterns that appeared sinister by their very intricate simplicity.

I clasped my hands together, prayed to my gods for strength, tried to meditate and activate that ever present jewel above my brows. All I felt, was no returning call, no strength, and that jewel only thrummed gently, before the images returned, faster than ever, none repeated.

I forced my eyes awake. Opened the windows, switched off the air conditioner, and lay on my bed, unseeing. Twice I rose to look out of the window, twice I assured myself, the windows were still there. But the constant ticking of the clock sounded twice as loud as ever. And mysterious flashes of light illuminated my room harshly. I could see nothing, no one, only thinking, who called me. Shuddering at the feelings i had before, associated with the very same dream.

That dream I had before, while lying on my bed in mid-afternoon sometime in June, in a stupor borne by the liquor of excessive sleep. On that border between the asleep and the fully awake, I dreamt that very same dream. And as yesterday, fought my mind and kept my eyes open. However, my body refused to heed my commands, and all I could feel was my body sinking into the bed, now moist because of fear, and trepidation. The experience bore in me the resolution never to experience it again.

I walked into my ma's room and slumped into a chair, hugging my pillow, fighting the urge of my eyes to close. The uncomfortable posture of that chair made me glad, for it was not too comfortable, and there was reasonable assurance against sleep. But my lids grew heavier, heavier than the strength of my mind could keep open. And there I fell, spiraling, into a deep featureless slumber.

I'm convinced my room is haunted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home