blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Thursday, June 12, 2003

Sleepless last night because of strange thoughts. I think I'm getting deeper into enlightenment and the nature of things, but I'm really wondering whether I can actually make money from it, or do it at the University.

Anyway on to the strange thoughts.

I felt jailed in myself. Had this image of a hexagonal 3D structure, this container for my soul. And that we would never experience without having to go through the barrier that is our body. Our body defines who we are, what senses and perceptions are available to us, our preferences with regards to which sense to use in any situation. Having a body simply means being constrained, to whatever the body has available to it in terms of inputs.

Our mind wishes to break free from the constraints of our body. We are all born to imagine, to create in our own little minds, worlds that simply do not exist and cannot be experienced by the body inputs. Art and Culture, although often expressed in a physical or visual form, are meant to convey ideas and meaning that cannot be transmitted well any other way.

I'm stuck! My mind is stuck, because of this symbiotic relationship with my body. Because I need the sensory inputs of the body to influence and spark fresh thoughts. But with a body, my mind is no longer free. The presence of a body means eventual death. And I can no longer have the infinite time and space to create my own world, and create my own fancies. And this body jails us, because bodies are not exchangable. Our minds cannot exist outside our body. We cannot literally be someone else, or experience what another person really thinks or feels.

We are prisoners in the jails of our mind. And that jail will only shackle us and lead us to eventual death.

And then it makes me wonder. If the body is the jail of the mind, what is the mind the jail of? Is the mind then the jail of the emotional soul? And what does the soul jail then? God?

-SSSTTTRRREEEESSSSSS-!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home