blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, June 02, 2003

ode. (to my taste)

So give me words.
fragile
bitter black ink
on angelic paper pale.

the screaming scarlet words
drip drip dripping from the lips of a honey-tongued orator
resonate in my head, and exist nowhere else.
he's long gone.
and yet he still screams, and thumps his points,
like nails through the center of my heart,
a dull thumping.

In golden silence.

i could crumple you in one hand without even trying you know,
Silence you, keep you for my own.
i know better, of course.
This page just a carcass, its marrow already absorbed.

i swallow words, gulp them down like a cat drowning in cream.
words to break my heart to turn it to stone to shake the filing cabinets inside my head
to enrage the deep dark places to find the grail to paint my senses.

i would pretend to understand, but words catch me up
fling me away punching holes in the clouds through the stratosphere out past the moon and the stars into the expanding outer reaches and then

pull me in like a magnet
to the core of sensation and catch me,
rock me safe like a small child
bring me home,
dear words.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home