blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Here I come into the fray...

Presumably the other entities competing for praise could be things like (in a way) money, power, fame or more concrete things like people and institutions. However, why is it that monotheistic gods usually long to be praised so much? Why do such perfect and virtuous beings possess one of the cardinal flaws of humans - the desire to garner accolades? Do we really need a god who is an egomaniac?

Those who believe in one supreme god usually believe in absolutes - things are right and you should do them because god 'says' so. Therefore, divine rules are unbendable.

I've been trimming the blogs I read recently, putting the less interesting ones or the ones of people I barely know into a "peruse when bored" folder. If I wanted to do everything worth doing in existence, I would need infinite lifetimes to do so. Incidentally, if you put too much of yourself into your blog, there won't be much left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home