blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Gah pissed. Lost my post.

Anyway nearly got killed twice today. First by two really unsteady people on a single bike, who didn't really quite get their act together before getting on the road, such that they were swerving hypnotically left and right. I decided to overtake them, and got so close to their swerving madness the girl riding pillion cried out "Oh My God!" There happened also to be 2 or 3 vehicles on that 2 lane road witnessing their suicidal madness. But that wouldn't have killed me.

The accident below almost did. Was on the left side of the 5 lane road outside my house, and realized to get home, I've got to make a right turn. Since the idea of cutting across 5 lanes didn't really appeal to me, I used the traffic light to get to the right side of the road. Then as the light turned green, I realized that the 3 lanes on the right were right turning lanes, and what I really wanted was to go straight and make a right turn at the next junction. So I kinda hotfoot across 3 lanes of accelerating cars, and made it, before this malay uncle and auntie on a motorcycle just accelerated past me as if I wasn't there, with handlebars inches from my face. Almost got killed cos I got two lanes of accelerating cars next to me on either sides. I kinda reflexively dropped my right shoulder and evaded a handlebar collision with that motorcycle uncle. Ugh.. sometimes the motorcycles are the killer ones. Anyway I'm never going to use that road again. Too busy and too wide!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home