blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, June 22, 2003

Friendships.

Sometimes I just feel like curling up into a little ball on my bed, with my phone in my hand, connected to all my friends over Singapore, chatting about the most irrelevant stuff. But people are always so busy, and phone calls are always so disruptive, all I can do to express my happiness is I suppose, to condense it in a small less intrusive SMS message.

As much as I'd love to call people, I really hate receiving phone calls. So that's part of my phone problem. My days are often so packed that I just can't spare time. And even if I could then, doesn't mean that I can everyday at that time. I'm behind enough as it is with my schoolwork.

If I could call, if I had the time to call, there'd be so many old friends and new friends past and present that I'd love to chat with, to find out how they're doing, to know how they're feeling. But I know I can never afford the time to. So tiny SMSes once in a while would have to suffice. And they'd be tiny at that. :(

Listening to Xin Bu Liao Qing. Very nice gentle song.

Someone asked if it was weird to look at other people's blogs, people who you don't even know. And this was my reply.
"Sometimes getting to know people is too much effort. Sometimes the effort isn't appreciated or reciprocated. Sometimes all you want is to know what someone else thinks and go "Hey, I also think like that too!" or "Hmmm... that's an interesting perspective." And when we're all too busy mugging for our A levels, maybe reading blogs would be the most efficient way of getting the social interaction that we all crave, without the time."

Isn't it true?

How many of us would find it disruptive if someone we barely knew called us everyday to find out how we've been doing? How many of us would actually make the effort to find out how your friends have been doing aside from the usual pleasantries when you see each other along the corridor? How many friends can you really care for anyway. My number's 2 or 3 thereabouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home