blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, May 26, 2003

haaahh.... silence is a problem everywhere. I'm been saying more in real life, and less online I guess... Been waiting to read really interesting reports from people's lives online as well, guess I'll just start with my own.

Went to arrange the photog display in school today.. Really good photographs put up in a really good display which took 9 painstaking hours :) But fun all the same... Photographers are really nice people to hang around, and I like the J2s better more than the Sea Sports J2s anyway... Love J1s from both CCAs. I guess we just get cranky the older we become.

I think photographers are naturally nice people. And I'm refering to those who are more professional, take photos out of the usual record keeping box. You've got to be a certain personality to share bits and pieces of your life with perfect strangers. Maybe exhibitionist in some respects. And there's always this fear in the back of your mind, what exactly do your photos reveal about you? When you photograph, each photo is a moment (more or less) that somehow snagged something in the back of your mind. Some innate sense of beauty and time, some things that you find really beautiful.

And I suppose the really good photographers are just people that can find the beauty in almost everything. I have days where I'd walk and walk and not find a good photograph anywhere, but at the photog exhibition, and seeing other people's works, they'd take photographs wherever and whenever I least expect them to. And each moment is crystallized in an instant into a work of pure beauty, that speaks in every language.

It's just nice to compete with others, not about some academics, nor some vague artistic abstract notion, but to compete with others to capture perfect moments in our lives. Perhaps from the viewpoint of a voyeur (aren't we all anyway), but still our own viewpoint. We compete to see how much of others we can touch with our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home