blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Friday, April 25, 2003

You lucky people... our hopes for killing boring GP sessions with discussions on Art were dashed when Mrs. Lee came in and gave us this passage that defined Art and started dissecting it in front of us, and then asking us questions on its different organs and parts.

"What are the different components of Art as mentioned in the passage?". And much later on, "can you do taht little exercise at the back and fill in the blanks with the appropriate choices?". That must have been the most god-awful GP lesson I've had in months.

We didn't have an outside-class discussion on Art. And I don't see the need to, anyway. Everyone likes Art in one form or another; I personally think its ahrd to like it in all its forms. I must confess there's no way I can appreciate canvas, and I can't envision myself splurging on a gallery entry. Isn't art about how you look at things? If I think something is beautiful I'll probably mention it to someone I know; with any luck we may start an interesting covnersation on the relevant topic, then gradually get drawn off-topic to the point where we are talking cock. Like what I'm doing now. It's really fun, actually.

But, ohgawd, attempting any form of discussion on Art with Mrs. Lee Chye Keow is like... I don't know, talking to a government propaganda leaflet? I know she's trying hard to change that, but it hasn't reached the point where my nerves don't automatically bunch up when I see her smiling face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home