blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, April 14, 2003

Argh... I'm going to apologize AGAIN to her. :) Keep forgetting she's easily shocked... and I have a habit of appearing suddenly, mysteriously from nowhere when people least expect it. And I guess I've gotta do something about my face too.

Haha... but anyway had a really nice first three star course... somehow all the memories of last year kept flooding back. The little Mel incident... the fun we had under the sun.. just such a pity that this year, so few of the J2s survived, and even fewer are taking the 3 star. 8, from a strength of almost 18 the previous year. Hehz... was really careful with my words on Saturday, but I guess I just made people think I'm antisocial or something.

Had to carry this 22kg Kayak on my shoulders without the nice cushioning of the lifejackets... there's a wonderfully sore area on my shoulder now, where the kayak was... but due to the instructors insistence that we look like paddlers, had to carry it his way, and stagger along the track leading to the beach. I'm going to compare bruises with Chengyu tomorrow probably haha...

Had our first stormy weather session. Faced really hard biting rain, which was luckily very short. Heard thunder at a distance. Luckily our instructor let us seek shelter before the cloud got too close. Really harrowing, being out there in the sea where the rain fell literally like a showerhead. Never knew there was so much rain in the world, and I couldn't see clearly the other kayaks in front of me... kinda panicked for a while. Though I never kayaked better. Just kicked, and rowed, and kicked and rowed, in perfectly straight lines, since I couldn't see anything in that haze. Really thanked the presence of the spray skirt for keeping the rain out of the boat...

Talking about spray skirts, the skirts we got were of 3-4mm thick neoprene, which happens to be this really tough material, that's hard as hell to stretch, and needed two people to pull in it place. I tried to make a joke about Lycra, which happens to be another tough synthetic material, but he had to wear some Lycra shirt hmph, when Lycra's more commonly used for bras. Oh well. The skirts were horribly tight, and came only in the S size.. really pity the girls who had to wear it, cos they had hips, which are unfortunately uncompressible. Though I suppose girls do shell out money for wraps that supposedly push their tummy in, and give them a corset like squeeze. They were so bloody tight for a 28 incher like me, that I could see my tummy stick out, I wonder how a 31 incher can actually fit into the things. But magically, we all did. And luckily we did, cos of the rain and all.

Did a little capsize drill, and while underwater, I tried to breathe (forgetting that I'm not trapped in a cave, and that 100% around me is seawater), and then I tried to knock the sides of my kayak 3 times, and pull the escape strap, and then slide out gracefully. The damn skirt wouldn't give, cos it was too tight, and I had to really RIP the damn thing off, before it released me and I swum to the surface. Later upright, and into my kayak, Cai Feng tugged at his own release cable thingy, and it really didn't come of... was rather hilarious, but it definitely wasn't funny underwater. Really need nose clips to keep me from panicking. And god... I've got to master eskimo rolls!!! shit.

Was talking to the sea sports people and we were talking about girls, and then I felt kinda left out, and YX (who shall remain identityless) too, and I asked YX what do girls talk about when they get together. And she said "Sex." and after a long pause, "Guys, but we don't only stick to one." and "We have deeper discussions too." Well. Ladies of the blog, is that true? :)

I'm just wondering.. am I losing out because I don't really talk that much about girls, and I don't get turned on by soccer, or betting, or smoking? Haha... I don't talk much about sex too, so I guess I'm probably just androgenous.

Watched NKF and it was really good. I guess in the midst of all the really bad news, we really need good pieces of news to balance our days. My respect for Cao Qi Tai has gone up exponentially, and my appreciation of Liang Jing Ru and Liang Zhi Qiang has risen as well, due to the things they've done on that show, that really brought a smile to my face. I hope to be someone's good news too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home