blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, March 09, 2003

Oh... I guess it's because there's a serious lack of topics. I mean what can you talk about without firstly offending the teachers, and secondly, not sounding like a GP essay? The teachers do censor what's written in the R(A) magazine. They cut 2 articles from the current issue. So I guess that's one of the reasons.

Sorry about not blogging for quite long. Really long in fact. Found a new addiction of mine. Drum Mania/Percussion Freaks 7th Mix at Bugis Arcade. Costs only 1 dollar a game, and the machine's very new. Been playing it every chance I got. Love Bugis now.

Speaking of arcades, must of course recount a few incidents. There was this girl who was so totally bored she just sat at the stage and watched me. At first I thought she was interested in playing, so I quickly exited and smiled at her after I was done. But she just followed me to the DDR machine and just kept looking at me. Ugh... looked fifteen and throughly bored. My mind was screaming Latchkey Child! Probably true.

Then while on the DDR machine, some girl hopped up next to me to play on the mat. Was quite quite irritated. She wuz reading my screen and bouncing away on the other side and talking to her friends, and using her handphone etc. Arrgh.

Had dinner with my class. Rather amusing things happened. Frederick took alot of veg and food, and we were all amazed he finished the whole plate. Leslie remarked "Wah Fred, you really silent killer." I ate quickly and moved on to deserts like fifteen mins before the rest. Had Red Bean Pudding, Cream Caramel (my fave!), Chocolate Triffle, Chocolate Cake, Banana Cheese cake. Ate so much dessert I was rather full. But it wasn't really planned. Lost my appetite because of a certain someone. The sweets made me feel better.

Something someone said was very interesting. Just play around first, don't be too serious. You're only 18. When you're playing around, everything is fine, but when you're serious aha, that's when the problems start.

And it started me thinking. About how people always put out the best bits of themselves to show the world, how man is essentially proud and thus showoffy, yet we always think that there's so much more, something so much better under the facade. But when we get to know the person better, the skeletons start comming out. All the problems they've never managed to resolve, waiting for the one, their love to come rescue them or set them straight. So ironic. Of course, I'm generalizing here. Not directed to anybody. Probably talking about myself too.



So anyway, that was my rather badly spent Saturday. Still I like the arcade scene... it's getting more and more interesting with all the machines comming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home