blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

For once, I really don't quite know how to start a blogger post. Just played Brightest again, trying to get the 2nd hand down... I'm sure all the pianists out there are probably laughing their bums off at a organ player trying to read their arpeggios. Hey! At least I have bass pedals okay!

Speaking of that... attempts to substitute the base pedals failed because my A, sharp and flat pedals are NOT working. And my keyboards don't have enough keys. I need an upgrade soon! Desperately. Maybe I'll go get one of the cheap cheap Yamaha models... the full length synths without the pedals. And weighted keys! Whoo! I've been missing out man. But pedals are fun too.. never knew how piano players managed without them for so long. it's like an extra finger... and you can play nice percussive basslines...bet no one has ever done a pedal gliss before though. :) Would be amused to see them try.

Results out tomorrow. I'm supposed to cover as usual. But shouldn't they get J1s to do it? What if I get a really horrible chinese result? I'm supposed to capture their emotions, but who captures mine?

Went VJ today, met up with many many old friends. Talked about our lives and relationships. Passed around photos, tried (not too hard) to sell R(A)... how can friendships be measured in dollars and cents? Friendship's measured by time. Not how long you stay together, but how long you keep in touch after that.

Love the A minor chord... somehow it just suits my mood. Like the turning point in a piece, or a melody. The counterbalance to the happy C and G chords. The sudden snap back to reality. The sound that just GROUNDS the whole thing. The sound of bitterness perhaps, of memories long past, of choices made, regretted, and stopped regretting. All the things that might or might not have been. All flooding back. The people I've met who's names I've almost forgotten, but I never forget what we did together. All our shared memories. And how much they've trusted in me, and believed in me.

I'll do well this year. I'll work at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home