blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Rumour Debunking

1 ) "Kenneth stole Yechao's Girlfriend."
We were only good friends all the while in November and December. She was just someone I could talk to honestly at the time. We grew closer together, but we were always just friends. If we were flirting, it was only subconscious. I never had the intention to steal anyone's girlfriend, and even at the very end, I did ask her to stay with Yechao. And she did want to try. But Yechao said that if she were to be his girlfriend, she'd have to stop seeing me alone altogether even if we were just friends. But his overprotectiveness and all the past hurts came back, and it was too late, because by that time she had already fallen for me. I never knew. She never said a word until the end. And Yechao was the one who suggested breaking up because she told him everything and he thought it was the best thing for her. Even though Yechao was feeling extremely hurt, and didn't want to let her go, he never told her until half a month later, when it was already too late.

2) "Kenneth kept going out with Geraldine during the holidays. He must have had ulterior motives."

I was at the govt internship at the time, while my parents were overseas. I had to settle dinner on my own and Geraldine took pity on me as she settled her meals on her own as well. I actually called alot of people to find out if they'd have dinner with me, but they were all either eating at home, or were overseas. I asked Geraldine to go on photog trips because she was genuinely interested in photography ever since RGS. But it clashed with Choir and she never had a chance to. And I invited her to the photog trip because I was afraid there'd be no one to talk to. The photographers were the ones who abandoned us halfway, while we were setting up equipment for a photo. We couldn't contact them until much much later.

3) "Kenneth is overly sociable."
While in VJ, I realized I didn't know many people in RI well. And worst of all, I couldn't remember anyone's names. So I tried doubly hard to remember names when I came to RJ. I just hate it when I don't know a person's name, because it's much easier to approach someone when you know his or her name. Also being a second intaker, I felt that I should mingle more to fit better into RJ society. If you don't feel comfortable about something I do, please get someone to tell me! I realized that cultures are very different in the JCs and Secondary schools... and true friends should tell me what they feel, instead of backstabbing or commenting...

Geraldine just wanted to make both me and Yechao happy. So she asked both of us what we wanted. And decided that Yechao could manage better without her. Because he appeared strong. But in the end, it was not true, and she did not want to hurt him any more, by being with someone, yet in love with another person at the same time. It wasn't fair to anyone. And Yechao had set a deadline. There was simply no time to think. We could only follow our hearts, and the thought of meeting each other in school, and her never telling me how much she loved me, and always being with Yechao, and having to not acknowledge my presence was too much for her.

We're sorry for all the confusion we've caused, and we hope that you'd forgive us, and we'll forgive everyone who has misunderstood this whole affair. We just hope to clarify the whole matter, and we're really sorry for all the hurt and misunderstandings we've caused along the way by our misjudgements and ignorance.
Please do not be too prejudiced about what has happened.

This whole affair has been as traumatizing for us as it has been for them, and it has not been easy for us to maintain a steady relationship because of all that has happened, but we're trying really hard. Even through all the opposition we've had to face, be it school, family, friends, enemies, we've decided to face them together, as one, and hope that all the troubles will pass us by. This is what really happened, but you are free to believe what you will.

Whether you be friend of foe, of Yechao, Geraldine or Me, in matters of love, there are no rights nor wrongs. Geraldine and Yechao are still good friends. But we're all very tortured by all the rumours. So we've decided to clarify everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home