blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Saturday, January 18, 2003

Hmmz... well... I wouldn't like my sister to be THAT desirable...

Watched a play today. Dead Poets Society presented by the ACSian Drama (dunno what)... their acting was wonderful... though lines were delivered a little too passionately towards the end.. such that it got rather mumbled. But it was obvious everyone had a lot of fun. The little bird mime at the start was also wonderful. But what felt MOST MOST wonderful of all, was a living breathing, warm body next to me, and her friends... and the fact that I was home! After a five year absence. Back... to the place where I started all this GEPish business. Back to the place where my mind was opened, set free, to imagine and to roam.

Parts of the place still remain the same. The Methodist Church, the driveway, the clocktower... Parts which I loved dearly died as well... the large soccer field, the hole in the fence to Mobil, the large old tree, the slippery slopes. But there wasn't time to explore the whole of it. Pity...

The new ACS (Barker Rd) looks like one of those taiwanese high schools I visited last year.... with the canteens in the basement, and the beautiful landscaping... Perfect for spending tender moments together. And I was so happy, and felt so free, in the arms of the school I so loved, and holding the person I so loved, that I just went wild, and danced along the streets, running along the newly laid tiles, into this really large 3 tennis courts where i just looked at the moon, sang a too familiar school song, and held a certain someone in my arms. And that moment was ours.

I miss literature badly. I miss saying what I think, and defending it, and listening to what other people thought, and appreciating it. And acting, and reading out loud. And dreaming. I have learnt so much today, that tomorrow fills me with anticipation. Maybe I'll be different tomorrow. Maybe I'll be myself again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home