blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, November 24, 2002

You know you really love someone when you feel jealous seeing her having fun with someone else. -Kenneth's hypothesis.

Sorry I haven't been posting.. even though I had alot of time during the Govt internship. Kinda just sat around listening to jazz and sleeping.

Well if you people (my loyal audience~) still don't know, I've been spending my week at the Northeast CDC as part of my government internship. Was attached to the Social Assistance team, and went through cases, determining how much money they deserved. Saw a few homes, sparsely furnished, and a few of the destitute. One mother really struck me, cos she had 3 kids, no job, and couldn't really make ends meet. her kids had to eat porridge with a bit of soya sauce for their meals. And she couldn't get a job cos they were very young.

Afterwards had a tour of the student care centers, childcare centres and elderly centres... Enjoyed looking at the little kids 1-2 years old... and them all smiling and running around. Thought of my childhood, and my happy times. And I realized how much I love children. Not sure if I'll love them when I grow older, and realize they cost money, and make diapers smelly etc. But I think, a single smile from them, and it's all worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home