blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, November 24, 2002

Was just thinking sometime ago, how important the time between events is. How we need that time between stimuli to refresh, process, dream, love, and how much that time has been shrinking.

Was wondering what could happen with the advent of instant teleportation... and I would call my ma saying I'll be back late, and when I don't get home by say 9:30, she'll teleport instantly over, and drag me home. I can't have the excuse that I'm stuck in the traffic jam, or on the train or what not... Can romance develop in that sort of environment?

I suppose walking's really important, and sitting and talking and listening. If the pace of life increases, will these things still be there? Because talking and listening and resting and processing are essential parts of our humanity. They're like what differentiates us from computer units. If people just fly from location to location performing certain tasks, what's the difference between humans and an electron in a computer?

Lets treasure the time between events, and not use it. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home