blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, November 17, 2002

Catherine sounds nice. I don't know anything about religion. Or at least I know enough not to get bothered by it.

Was really thinking about blogging the whole time, but dog tired. I know this WILL BE a REALLY long post so bear with me... you can skip it if you don't wanna read it. Just because I know it's gonna be long, I tried entering dreamland to try and organize things a little... but I don't think I have enough money in my dreamlink card to open the gates. Struggling to stay awake, yet unable to fall asleep. It's when your mind's half undecided that I decided to blog... at least I'll get most of it done, and at least I won't forget half of it.

Summary. The Photog trip was REALLY fun. I had a great time with them and Geraldine, but it wasn't happy happy all the way lar. But I'm really glad Geraldine came, cos she's the one of the main reasons why I liked the trip. We shot five rolls of film, her one black and white, me four. We watched Harry Potter. We stayed overnight at some pier at East Coast. We watched the sunrise.

Saturday

I reached City Hall rather early... went to Eunos in the morning to get paint for my sister's room. I'm not doing the painting, my maid is. They didn't have the colour/shade she wanted, so we went back, my maid went home and I went City Hall. The colour I picked, dark purple, looks really good on my wall and my sister's. You people must really come over and see it.

At city hall, decided to get some slide film. Thought I got cheated... but later checked it out and found out that I was rather a moron. Cos I could have gotten 200 speed film at $6.80 instead of 100 speed film at $6.50... Of course, the formulation's probably different, so I should really experiment with both types to see which ones I like. But generally, higher numbers mean a worser image quality, but more picture taking opportunities cos you can take an image in a shorter time, less chances for shaking to affect the sharpness of your image. Spent 26 bux on four rolls. and 14 bux on film for Tiffany. Some photog person I've never met that called me up and asked me to buy film for her. It's my fault. I confused her, thinking she knew exactly what type of film she wanted. She wanted the consumer sort... which I can't stand so .... It didn't register that she wanted the lousy sort. Until she sent me a SMS. I'm dumb sometimes.

So laden with film, tripod clanking around tied to my bag with an improvised plastic bag I got from Jasons, walked back to City Hall and met the photog people. Harry brought Cheeyuan, who left before the trip even started, Huilin brought Ruxin... who's rather nice, Yanwei and Minghui, and Tiffany and Denny rounded it up, as well as me and Geraldine. 10 of us. No, I forgot somebody. Two more I think. They were rather surprised to see Geraldine... I suppose they all know... but I didn't really like the way they behaved lar. Blehz... that's why I wanted Geraldine to come in the first place. My goal was to make it to sunrise...and I didn't think I could stay sane and cool around them till that time. Its just some bits of friction that really chafe when you're with them. Kind of like... a difference in opinion, and a difference in behaviour and outlook perhaps. I noe that most of them are really close friends... but I just can't put my finger on what I don't like. It makes people feel rather unwelcome... like they don't belong.

So.. anyway, we all trooped down to the padang to waste film. Photogs amusing themselves pointing cameras at cars and what not, taking pictures of this REALLY nice trishaw rider that slowed down for us to take pictures of him. I was looking for unique angles, taking a nice break under the 4pm sun, looking at a sea of greenery, sitting on pavement, and just being. Watching them getting excited over the Singapore Cricket Club, pointing cameras at the players, while I just sat, right in the center of Singapore, and existed. Spoke to Geraldine a little, lent her my nice little camera, taught her how to use it, and she took a bunch of photos. Really wonder how they'll turn out. I haven't decided who to send them to, cos I'm not sure if they're junk, or there might be a few gems there. Probably troop down to RGB, and check out their quality sometime on Monday. Probably get images back on wednesday, and that's just as well.

Aside... photography's kinda like a diary... its the images that help you keep certain memories, and prevent them from being lost to time. Images can bring back memories you've totally forgotten, and that's probably why I wanna take photographs.

Chatted a bit with Geraldine while walking from place to place, we see differently. Some things I dont' find interesting at all, she finds fascinating. Other things I find rather fascinating, she doesn't see any beauty. Can't wait for the photographs to be out, to see what gems she has, and what gems I have.

Walked over to Fullerton I think. The whole day's just walking and walking, and stopping for an ocassional photograph. Photog exco and friends in front, me and Geraldine lagging behind, cos I sometimes stopped to take photographs, and two others that followed us, who I don't know the names of. Geraldine kept me entertained, and I luffed rather loudly at times... sighz. Sweet times, with a nice gentle breeze blowing across the whole place.

Got to the merlion... started taking touristy photos, wondering why there's a huge crowd there. The view's beautiful. A large expanse of sea, merlion looking out towards the big unknown, the esplanade hanging out right along this bridge. I don't like an image that someone else has already designed for me. I like my own images. I like my own creations. So I didn't take any shots that looked particularly touristy.

Then we walked over to the Esplanade. I was having fun taking photos of people on the bridge, the moon peeking over the durian halves, stuff like that, when we realized we lost them!!! Arrgh. A few frantic calls, with nobody replying, when ALL three of the people I called had their handphones with them and didn't pick up, caused us to suspect a conspiracy. It was such a funny situation. Harry who had been spying with his long lens on the both of us the whole day, and suddenly they were all gone. I tried with Geraldine's phone, but they didn't pick up either so... maybe it was a genuine oversight, that they didn't switch on their phones cos they were in some sensitive area, busy chatting so they didn't notice and stuff. And I wuz like worried cos I may not get my sunrise after all. But anyway, seeing some crowds milling around a little theatre, we saw this really good busker! Sighz... pity Geraldine couldn't see most of it. But the guy was REALLY funny, and he really built rapport with the audience. My idol! Haha... really swell guy.

I think I really admire him, cos he found a job that he's really good at, that he really enjoys. And you can see from his expression that its really what he wants to do. He has found his place in life and is really comfortable with it. How many of us can say so? And I feel that he feels it, and not just thinks it. And to be among the best of his craft. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home