blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Well... I have some Government Internship Programme to write an essay for... will infiltrate the govt if I get selected. : ) Behind enemy lines!!!

I don't get to keep carrying girls... they aren't very nice to carry around anyway... though they do smell nice sometimes.

Hmmz... well so that's your phone number? I think I'll rename it... Named it Baos. Oh well.

Newater was probably supplied because it was free. VJ had Iced Milo from a Milo truck last year.... I guess it depends on what the alummni do. RJ has ministers so they're probably falling over their feet to provide free water. ACS can probably afford free Pepsi or Coke or something... VJ and HCJ have Milo trucks... infact... the VJ milo truck is kinda fact of life. Almost every school function outdoors has a milo truck. And the Newater wasn't Iced.

Me and my friends thought it tasted sweet. They were comparing the taste to distilled water (Vic). And its probably the same thing. Looking at the label one sees 0 of everything except sodium... Still I laughed rather hard when I noticed the "Made in Singapore" label.

I think its a problem when firstly... no one offers to dance with you. Secondly... when you finally get paired up by the SDU(read councillors) you keep sulking and gazing longingly at your friend who is dancing next to you. And totally ignoring the person you've just been paired up with. And then...can you beat it... halfway through the dance you ditch your partner and just dance with your friend instead. I think that's why we need things like the graduate mothers' scheme. I suppose if you really need such a programme to find economic reasons to get married, the marriage wouldn't be happy anyway.

Anyway a revelation today. Our teacher... who happens to be trained to teach GEPs says that in all the books on intelligence that he has read, the genes for intelligence comes from the mothers... and that the graduate mothers' scheme was set up by Lee Kuan Yew to prevent the decline in intelligence of Singaporeans. Supposedly, said Sylvia Soh (geog teacher in sec 1-3) the GEP has all those lantern festivals, mooncake festivals, and camps between GEP schools not~ only because of some educational reason... But to ensure that friendships, and hopefully romance is nurtured between GEP students, and preservation of these genes ensured.

I don't think its been very successful... sure there are some GEPs that I can really talk to and like. But really... the more I see of them the less I wanna see of them (GEP girls in my batch). It has to do with the package I guess. To me, and I believe most Singaporean men, intelligence is not an overriding factor in our decision for a girlfriend? Intelligence breeds cynicism and cynicism brings about maladjusted unhappy teenagers that complain about everything under the sun all the time.. I've never seen such unhappiness on such a large scale elsewhere outside RGS. I mean... what are the chances that an angsty blog is written by an RGS student current or otherwise(okay okay... I'm definitely overgeneralizing. Sorry!)

Anyway.. have a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home