blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, October 29, 2002

This morning, something really amusing happened to me. Was rather sleepless last night, worrying over chem tutorial today, and whether to attend or not, cos I got into a tiff with her the week before promos (she threw my paper on the ground when I asked her a chem question, and remarked that the model answer sucked at explaining (which was what the question was about)). She took offence, and I took offence. Anyway, I kinda resolved to not attend her classes until she explained her actions, what did I do that caused the reaction, if not then an apology, and an assurance it'll not happen again. I haven't really posed an ultimatum. But I'm going to somewhere this week. Haven't found time to buy paper to write a letter, thinking of attaching it to a worksheet. But anyway, I cut her class last thurs, and was contemplating cutting today, to show a clear signal that I'm really pissed. (I wrote her a letter before that saying I'm really pissed and I want an explanation.) She hasn't replied.

Anyway, just as I was getting totally mad thinking about it in the car, and resolving to walk out after CT period, the radio DJ read out my horoscope in chinese. Something about Mu Yang Zuo, Avoiding conflict, and bearing in mind that a relationship destroyed is hard to rebuild. (can't remember the exact words in chinese. 93.3) And it was really coincidental and stuff, cos I don't listen to 93.3 in the car? and I specially tuned into 93.3 cos I wanted some happy chinese music.

Anyway I kinda froze, and let the radio decide for me. Went for her class, and she totally ignored me. Hmph. But I do see that she tries hard to teach. And she's sometimes irritated by noise. Suppose I've got to chalk it down to inexperience.

Anyway I'm still keen on my explanation. And I'm seriously considering asking for a class transfer, or a tutor change. Its hard enough to recover from a B E O O without worrying about teacher problems and sleepless nights, and I don't want a cranky to spoil my mood for the A levels dammit.

Oh what adds fuel to the fire is that she refused to add 0.2 marks to my friend so that she can get an A. And she made a scene in the office, cos another chem teacher gave her the A after she failed to get it from her. I don't think she's a very good teacher at all. I mean teachers are supposed to care for her students. And she made the other teacher feel bad. (which happens to be one of the many dedicated chem teachers in the RJ chem department.)

Blehz. I feel evil.

Oh I'm seeing Hodge tomorrow possibly at some photog thingy. Maybe I'll talk to him about it. A class transfer that is. I think he should be aware that one of his teachers is like that. Of course, he can't do anything about it cos its a govt school. Probably talk to her and find out what's wrong. Part of the reason why I don't wanna go make an appointment with Hodge is the fact that she's working for her living. I don't wanna smash any ricebowls, especially when she does try her best to teach in class. Its just that she has to lose some pride, understand her students more, control her temper, and overall be a nicer person. Its also because of that that I don't wanna talk to her face to face, besides the fact that I may get irritated and scream in her face (which I don't want), and that she may get irritated and scream in MY face (which happened the last time). I don't think it helps. The best way I feel is through a nice letter, something that you can read over a cup of tea and tear up. Of course, a duplicate will probably fly over to Hodge's office whether she finishes reading it or not.

My head tells me I should give her another chance. I believe EVERYONE deserves another chance to correct their mistakes. But my feelings tell me that I really DON'T want her to teach me J2 chem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home