blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, October 29, 2002

I know what's panadol cold...I've been taking it at a practically daily basis.
Arielly used to be my old nick... Somehow the school comp works fine for me =) I guess it likes girls better.

Oh yeah, and gabriel calls me screwed up only because he refuses to admit that he's the screwed up one. But I won't use this blog for bickering...

Had a rather, distressing, amusing, confusing, painful, boring gynae encounter today. My first encounter with a gynae after the age of 1. Infact, she's the very same gynae who brought me out of the womb. And you know something freaky? she looks familiar... But maybe it's only because her snowy white hair and kind face reminded me of Cinderella's fairy godmother.
But more about the appointment.
Since it was the oh so famous WK Tan who's my gynae, we had to wait for 4 hours. FOUR HOURS!!! together with hoards of pregnant women in line...and I felt so bad at first. I mean, I'm just this girl who's looking for some primrose oil or something to relieve menstrual cramps; yet I'm hindering these row upon row of women with bulging tummies or baby carriages. But somehow they all seemed too used to waiting already. Apparently that's what they do all day, once a week. Just wait outside WK Tan's clinic.
I felt terribly uncomfortable because I don't take a very found liking towards babies, and I'm absolutely terrified of ever getting pregnant.
Also, I'm terrified of blood.
And the made me do a blood test.
At the sound of "blood test" I went shrieking down the passageway out of the testing room and sulked in a corner, refusing to come out until they promised me that they wouldn't make me take the test.
But then, after 3 hours of waiting, my impatience finally got the better of me and I felt like doing something self-destructive, so I agreed to the blood-test. I hate to admit that it was practically painless and I felt like such a doofus for humiliating myself in public.
After that, it was the "water drinking wait".
I had to drink about 3 cups of water, just so as to fill my bladder or else the scanner/x-ray won't work. So fine. I drank and drank till I needed to pee. Then the nurse tells me. "The doctor will be here soon. Please don't go to the toilet, we need you bladder to be full".......so I wait....
and wait....
and wait....
half an hour and still waiting...
Till I couldn't stand it anymore and rushed to the toilet.
Only to find out that the doctor wouldn't be ready in another 2 hours or so *bangs head onto wall*
So I had to repeat the process all over again...and again...
It's a wonderful way of preventing people from getting kidney failure you know? All that drinking of water...
The bad thing is that there were dirty black specks in the water =(.......uh oh.....

The wait was terrible. All the mushy couples goo-goo-ga-ga ing over babies still in their mommie's tummies and all. And then I was so afraid of stetching my legs out in fear that some pregnant woman may trip over them... During the entire wait I managed to finish one whole manga book. Yay. And yechao helped by telling corny jokes like "Is the doc female or a guynae?"....and "ni3 pa4 huai2 yun4 mah? huai2 yun4 you3 she3 me4 hao3 pa4".....

The scan was very interesting... they rub this cooling liquid over you, and then scan. It's exactly the thing they use for letting you see an unborn child in the womb. Then after that they found out what was the problem. My uterus is too far back and a bit to the left, and also too tight.
The implications are terrible. Not only will I have cramps till the day I give birth. (I DON'T WANNA GIVE BIRTH!!!!!) If I ever do give birth I'll prob have to have a caesarean. ARGH!!! WHY ME!!! And also, I'm supposed to exercise more. I hate exercise. But yechao's damn happy 'coz he keeps trying to persuade me to exercise and not be afraid of giving birth...
The entire checkup was horrible though. They stuck a finger up my arse!!!!!! *WAIL* Though she was gentle it still feels weird! Made me feel like shitting!
Next time girls, be prepared for blood tests and finger stickings before you visit a gynae.

But atleast I got the pills to stop the pain.
And the scans are damn cool. Have them with me =)
And cramps are good excuses for the infamous blue slips ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home