blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, August 25, 2002

Wow fast pace. Let's see if my stamina's up to it. Then again I've nothing to do when I book out, so, in reverse chronological order:

So Kenneth's into voyeurism now? Tut tut. I want to see some of those shots! Goodness. Maybe you'll become as infamous as me!

You can always record phone conversations. Having a history log is good (which is one of the gamut of reasons why I prefer ICQ to M$N), but it has advantages and disadvantages (you can always erase the history though).

The trouble with weblogs is you usually hold something back because, after all, everyone and anyone can read it. Unless you put a password, that is.

I also get sick of relating anecdotes to people, especially when they've heard them before but I forgot that I told them. But people prefer the personal touch :) Some people (like my cousin), get mightily irritated when I refer them to Balderdash.

"In the mind, it helps to have a rational guide to fall back on, in case emotions sweep you towards a person you may not have known very well... " - wth?

I'd like to talk more to more people. Oh well.

"Topics of conversation (for girls)--if it's not personal, then it's often boredom (consisting of 2 sentences: "I'm booooooored" and "Me tooooooo"), or homework and school (mostly complaints), guys? perhaps, and other people. Hm. Doesn't exactly sound very engaging, does it? I suppose it very much depends on who you're talking with... some conversations have this strange tendency to bore me. As for the more personal ones, well, friends, guys, family, stress and coping, insecurities and dreams. Yeah. I guess that would sum it up. " - Sounds like what it is for males. Less boredom and introspection, substitute girls for guys (and up the quotient lots) and add in computers. I think that covers all the bases. Then again, in another's words: "75% are related to guys". Girls may be more discreet in their ogling, but guys do ogle more, I believe. Homosexuality is a fun topic. I like demolishing the arguments of homophobes, but they just conclude with "I believe it's wrong, hah!" and ignore me, so.

Ruminating about the meaning of life is fun! In moderation, of course.

"isn't this blog practically all girls? why don't we make a list on all the stupid things boys do? or is it not worth it?" - Tim The Great made a wise observation: Women's magazines are about women. Men's magazines are about women. Everyone likes women. Men smell :)

Perhaps because of my dearth of time, since 13th December 2001 change induced by me hasn't been forthcoming. I'm sorta stuck in a rut.

On the discussion of mates: I think sometimes it's very hard to verbalise such stuff. Intuition plays a strong part. Like how girls draw up elaborate lists detailing their "ideal" man then throw them away when Mr Right (or at least Mr Right till he's dumped) comes along. Or Ms Right, as the case might be.

"once or twice have seen a girl and thought 'if only she was a guy'" - Why does she need to be a guy? What if it was a hermaphordite African dwarf with only one leg? Hmm?

Poetry is evil :)

"Saw more than what I wanted to see today at PE. I wish more girls wore shorts that had liners." - I hate unspeakable sights. I'm not exactly sure why guys like "zaogeng" so much.



Macs are hard to tweak. I like to tweak my software. They're too... simple in fact. And they're too bloody expensive.

I like games, but since I got cable end November 2000, I've been on the Net mostly, except for some time spent on Baldur's Gate II and Throne of Bhaal, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and a few days on Civilisation III. I suppose girls like the SIMulation sort of game more because, perhaps, it's less violent? You compete in other, more subtle ways. And usually the inter-player competition element is less present, or not there at all.

I didn't know girls chew their nails too. They're supposed to have better social etiquette than guys.

Shaving: Shadow is ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home