blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Well, I've been speaking to my macintosh. Just found out that the speech recognition thingy is rather fun. Plus, it saves me the pain of having to go look for the applications I wanna start. Just pressing ESC and saying Open does the job. And there wasn't even a need for voice training. I'm now blogging always on the Macintosh, over the PC. The fonts look nicer for one, it makes me feel in a better mood, having a nice warm keyboard to type on, that's rather fast. Still, nothing can beat the raw speed of a desktop computer.

Just decided to grab a roll of black and white film, and maybe a 100-300mm lens and start taking a few portrait shots of the people around me. Then maybe I'll progress to fashion shots, learn makeup, and finally do nudes. hehz... nudes in Singapore.

Was just talking to this bunch of 3 Arts girls, and the topic of the day was gender differences. I'm sorry if I sounded horribly all knowing and pompous, I really know nothing. Just that we had a rather interesting chat on what kinds of computer games women and men like, and why do women love games like The Sims, Theme Hospital, Simcity etc. One of the reasons they said was that it was more family based, and about people, which made the concepts easier to grasp. I suppose counter-strike and all the other games are a little more abstract, and tend to rely on motor skills rather than planning and deep thought, still, its fun as there's always something to practice and something to improve upon. Unlike The Sims and the rest which kinda feels like a long drawn out movie. I suppose I don't have the patience to sit through things, but it seems that guys try their bestest to best the program, while girls try to enjoy the program as it is.

Then we talked about girls and what girls talk about and they said that its usually about guys and things that happened during the day. Someone expressed shock that guys don't actually talk about the day, and just talk about the big three (soccer, computer games, and girlfriends) in that order. Well I suppose my life isn't worth talking about much. Momentuous things don't happen everyday, yet yeah, I do see the trend that girls tend to talk more about what happened today. I wouldn't say that its boring, I suppose insight into someone else's life is always valuble, yet... I don't know. I tend to feel global matters being more pressing.

Then the conversation turned to guys, and how do we choose our girlfriends and stuff, and I kinda saw below, something about long lists girls write describing their ideal boyfriend. I suppose guys don't really fill up those lists and grade people. Somehow its more spontaneous and less premediated. I suppose in this respect, guys are more willing to follow their emotions than girls, perhaps not even aware of their emotions, and the way they're following it. I was at a loss when they asked me to describe the general Male's desired girlfriend. They suggested long hair, bitchiness, reliance on guys, good looks, being sweet (haha the over saccharine kind, that even the girls were mocking), and hot and stuff. Rather interesting. Of course, I didn't really know, not having ever felt the urge to pursue a pursuable mate. Unpursuable mates exception.

I don't think those actions are bimbotic in a sense, its probably already a conditioned reflex. Shrieking, sighing, daydreaming stuffs... sighz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home