blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Monday, August 19, 2002

More probaby cos we can't taste anything else except chicken, or we have never tasted anything else but chicken. Somehow it reminds me of the death of languages around the world affecting how we think. I mean, Mongolian is a dying language, according to my friend, only 10 people in China can speak it fluently, and only 4 can still write it. And I suppose the increasing use of English only serves to make us think like the Americans and the British. Chinese comes with its own heritage of proverbs, words, culture and ways of thinking embedded deeply in the way the words are pieced together to mean something, individual ideograms having their own history, and visually indicative of the meaning etc. I only wish I knew it better so I could better appreciate it.

: )
As I read the posts, I'm struck by the similarity of the content with what I discussed when I was sec 1 and 2 as well. : ^) the world has probably changed in the 4 or so years. Still I'll answer questions to the best of my ability... And no, I think the sex ratio is more balanced now, 2 guys to 3 girls + gabriel (Agagooga) always keeps the blog filled so there's always something nice to read.

I don't think women are hard to understand, of course, being a neither left nor right brainer means that I'm have rather androgynous thinking. Still, I guess the culture shock comes from really seeing the other side of the world for the first time. Just remembered What Women Want(directed by a gal no less), and how hearing female voices in his head really drove him nuts. And yet, understanding the other world is also empowerment. In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is king. I suppose people who understand both genders would be able to navigate the female world of feelings, and the male world of unspoken emotion.

I like the sentence "understanding crystallized in his eyes like broken glass". Kinda appropriate. Well, what if some guy knows all about what girls are thinking. Would they run away screaming too?

I think I made the right choice getting a iBook, girls go gaga over it, touching the white keyboard, the lighted apple logo, while guys are curious about how Mac OS X works, how it differs from a PC, more technical details. I have no idea who designed the iBook, but he/she/they sure did it well. I suppose most guys would find the design interesting, but perhaps they're just uncertain of how to express it. Perhaps to guys, appearance is a lure, to catch their attention, a hook for them to be interested in knowing more about the object/girl. I find girls more emotional in a sense. Without knowing what it's really about, they kinda fall in love at the drop of a hat, they'd connect with a machine/person emotionally, attempt to communicate, understand, before doing anything. And I suppose through those different approaches to things, humanity is able to solve many of the problems and prevail.

I can cook too, but I'm kinda vegetarian. More a sauces and pasta and vegetables kind of guy than a chops and steak and fish person. Have fond memories of a girl who kinda loved life. She could walk until my shoes kinda overheated and I wanted to sit and take a rest... kinda like 4-5 hrs of non-stop walking, peering into shops, getting presents for friends, asking me how something looked etc. She'd say, oh ballet makes your legs much stronger, doing all that leg raises and stuff, and she'd get up and drag me around somemore. I loved it. Loved her, in a way that I was reluctant to admit to myself except now. Still, she's somewhere in Melbourne right now.

I suppose what guys are moved by are attempts by girls to bridge that gender gap. To say, hey, there are differences between genders, but to also explain, and experience with someone of the opposite gender those differences. I don't think I'll ever forget the person, or the lessons I learnt, but its kinda hard to put into practice. I'm not fond of practicing.

Good night!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home