blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Saturday, August 24, 2002

haha do do...
I spent today chasing people to be my models for my venture into fashion photography, and portraits. They were rather reluctant to agree, and when one did, she kinda expected me to shout instructions to her in a museum. Sad to say, the light wasn't exactly flattering, and my creative juices weren't flowing much after that... Still, if anyone here is interested in having solo photos of herself being taken for free, cept the cost of developing her own prints if she liked the effects, contact me! It'll take a weekend from 8-11 am. And maybe 5-7 pm.

I was browsing through the photographic treasures of the French and was quite startled by some pictures. The people seemed frozen in time, forever immortal, and their actions, ceased to be actions at the click of a shutter, and light hitting an opaque film, turning it transparent. And so, I felt greater meaning in photography. That it was more than pictures, leading to moods, but the slow and treacherous reclaimation of time, frame by frame, still by still.

I read somewhere about a very famous female portrait photographer. She only takes a single photo per session, maybe two, but the photos she take reveal the personality of the person she took, and almost all of her clients say that that photo she took was their favourite photo of all. She spends her time talking to her subjects, understanding them as a friend, as a unique individual, and works to reflect that in her picture. I think that it was a very noble thing for her to do. Perhaps in her pictures, what she captured, and showed her subjects, was the wonderful and unique person that lay inside each external experience. How many times we wished we looked like someone else, when we've never even looked closely at the very person we are.

I think its nice to have an ideal mate. In the mind, it helps to have a rational guide to fall back on, in case emotions sweep you towards a person you may not have known very well...

I don't talk very much to people in school. I don't think what they're talking about is interesting, or even worth remembering. I'd like to cut all the crap, and just get down to the basics of knowing people's personalities. But that sometimes just gets you labelled as some buaya.

Oh well. People are so prejudiced sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home