blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Thursday, July 04, 2002

Well... in the throes of death this blog is. Well, I suppose that's better for me, cos I can monopolize the thing and talk about all the things I hate and just bitch.

Today Miss Low (of Chem teacher fame) walked out of our class and cried after she compared us to Normal(Academic) kids and said that at least Normal(Academic) kids have passion for the subject. She also said that we were the first class that she didn't love. Ughz... I'd agree too... I hate some elements of my class. 3 people in fact. Don't get me wrong, they're nice people, but they make damn lousy classmates. As dependable as a tower built of sand I'd say. Just when the teacher wuz so pissed, someone had to say, GO! GO! and I won't miss you after that. Intelligence of 0, social skills equally high.

Felt sad today. Right now in fact. Dunno who I can depend on, can't find an easily available listening ear, I hate the telephone cos I'll be disturbing someone, so I guess I'll just restart this Blog. Sad because people don't see that morals and character education is important, that individuality is represented by a total lack of tact and consideration for others. And that our school system keeps us so busy we'd just spend all the time mugging. I'm seriously considering 3 subjects, but I don't think it'll make a whole lot of difference. Its just that the twenty percent of the people in school who care about the school end up doing eighty percent of the work, while the rest just mug useless facts, and destroy stuff, and steal stuff and cause fights.

Sad also cause I've got this huge list of people to e-mail and hopefully keep in contact with, but no time to spare to write individually meaningful messages to each, and share with them my experiences. Maybe this weekend, I'll spend one entire night writing. Of course, it doesn't help that a whole bunch of them are taiwanese that don't read english very well.

Still, somehow, i find people NOT from Singapore make faster friends. Our education system really doesn't teach people how to make new friends all the time and KEEP them. I'm quite amazed that taiwanese that haven't even met us before made such fast friends with Justina that she even bought her a music box, and gave it to her a week later when we were leaving. Some NUS girl I met from China my age, also sent me a pic of her at her friend's house, and invited me to visit her at NUS's hostels or her sembawang home when I have the time. She may be comming to RJ, I'll show her around. Back to taiwanese, I've made rather fast friends with two rather pretty and nice girls in taiwan, quite touching how they tend to chase after you for photos, and wave and wave after the bus leaves. Even though it was an hour, it seemed like eternity.

Could it be familarity breeds contempt at work? I find unapproachable Singaporean girls irritating. Not like they'd win Miss Singapore or even Miss RJC. Still, the bubbly ones are nice. mebbie I wuz lucky enough to meet only the bubbly ones in taiwan and china. I dunno.. Can imagine a new workshop in the future. How to make fast friends without being a jerk, without acting cool when you're most definitely not. Sighz.

My biased opinion.
I'm not that great at socializing either. I'll go sign up when they start that workshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home