blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Tuesday, July 30, 2002

My dreams are more deja vu. Somehow, for me the lines between dreams and reality are very blurred. Sort of like an alternate world, or perhaps, a window to my subconscious, my dreams tell me, visually what's most on my mind, and it sometimes makes up my mind for me.

Do dreams lead to reality, or reality give birth to dreams? Its something that I've been thinking about these weeks. Sometimes, my dreams do come true, the more realistic ones, other times, its like a shred of intelligence I never knew I had. If I read a book in my dream, it usually has a message, kinda like what happens when you read a book in a computer game. Yet, the dreamworld is obvious because of its un-interconnectedness. You know that you're reading a book, but the next event could have no specific relevance to the book itself.

I'll share a dream. There was once, in sec 1, that i turned to one side in my bed, and saw a sleeping person in a RGS uniform. I thought "Joy" and I went back to sleep. She's someone I met in pri 6, but since then, I never forgot her face. Then somewhere in sec 3, I dreamt that she had a party with a bunch of ACS guys (not having ever spoken to her since sec 1) and its just like that thread of friendship just severed itself. In RJ, I'd just ignore her and she'd just ignore me. I don't know, dreams are weird.

Other times, I'd have a dream about a normal day, where everything worked as I wanted, then I'd wake and realize that that wasn't a normal day, and I'd live an actual day after that. And throughout the day I'd be comparing the day to events in the dream. The dreams reminded me of some appointments that I could have forgot, and also stuff like bringing PE Kit.

Well, the Christian God is a touchy topic. I'll define gods as Omniscient, and Omnipotent. Of course, gods should be ideally be perfect. Perfect Gods should be predictable, since all knowing Gods will always make the best choices since they're all knowing, can see into the future etc. And since Perfect gods are predictable, and all powerful, all things in the world should be perfect. Since before something goes wrong, they can see it and effect steps to change it, or at that exact moment, change circumstances to avoid the problem.

However, there lies a problem of motive. If the world is really perfect, and everything in the world has its place, then what is the logical conclusion of the world? The world cannot end. That would be a waste of time and effort on the part of God. It could serve a purpose, but what purpose could there be beyond the confines of our universe.

Perhaps we don't have a God, at least not one that's actively involved. I suppose God has set the parameters and just pushed a button for the simulation to run. From there, we know that he is not all-knowing, or at least not All-seeing. He probably can't see into the future, being able to know everything about the current state of the world, and making a guess to what the eventual result could be. His meddlings in the past could just be the seed, that would lead to a final result, perhaps the level of technological achievement. Perhaps the level of emotional achievement. Perhaps just how much we can withstand what he can throw at us.

Then, we can conclude also, that even though he is in a position to help each and everyone of us, he doesn't do so. That would mean that he is not an emotional god, but a rational one, taking care of us only when we serve a certain role in his program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home