blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Sunday, June 02, 2002

Wuz taking a ride on the MRT today to somerset, saw in my mind's eye a certain person springing from his seat and firing a gun at the people around him. And the first reaction I had was to throw my handphone at him.

Was just thinking about war, bleeding, death, torture and its inconceivable to us that right now, somewhere around the world someone is being tortured cruelly, probably torn to bits. If Singapore were to fight a war, could Singaporean citizens stomach it?

Then I saw in my mind's eye someone running through a thicket of grass across my vision... I was chasing it from afar with the muzzle of my gun and wondered if I could blow his head clean off, or would the bullet hit his torso and leave a tiny hole in one side and a huge exit wound on the other.

Wondered why there were so many tests of lower body strength in NAPFA and only a single test of upper body strength... and realized that in a war, you only need to have enough strength to hold a gun and pull the trigger.

Wondered what the females would do if the men went to war. Wondered if even men could stomach the raping, pillaging, looting. Wondered if the civilization we built around us could withstand such a direct threat to our beliefs.

We're living in paradise now. And its so amusing how few of us actually enjoy it. And how many of us just wage wars between each other for fun. To put each other down and trample on each other's carcass... I wondered if one day, we'd have a school shooting. And how many of us would kill each other to be the top student.

And I realized the wars never ended. Everyday, Wars are fought in the form of Brands, Countries, Sports, Companies, Literature. Over the minds of folks. Over their purses.

Our lives are but of a soldier sent to fight... a person built trained and sent to upset the odds. And there would be nothing I could do about it. There are no rules in war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home