blog*spot
get rid of this ad | advertise here
You can link to other sites that you like here

Other sites

Ariella~ - Balderdash - Hobbit! Daphne

Friday, May 10, 2002

hmm

I somehow fail to see the link between chivalry and nakedness, or chivalry and confidence for that matter.

I'm certain that if you look to the crusades, you'll hardly find "valiant courageous knights in battle armour"; rather, you'll be looking at dressed up sellswords and bandits roped into a brutal invasion under the pretext of religion. If you examine the middle ages, you'll find (alas alack not the romanticised images Kenneth there so happily embraces, but rather) a vicious series of plundering expeditions gone awry by the arrival of other plunderers leading to the 'inspirational' battles they held...

[as a completely out-of-point sidenote, did you know the poignard - from which root the word poignant is also derived - was a small, sharp dagger used to kill knights who were trapped in their armour on the battlefield?]

I think that claiming Yatta is "about empowerment" is like saying The Powerpuff Girls are about universal franchise and the brother(or maybe sister would be more appropriate to the context)hood of man/woman/boy/girl(s). Undoubtedly they could be, but it's a stretch of the subject matter. I think "total lack of intelligence" comes a lot closer to describing that particular video.

and "Singaporean men lack confidence" is a horrific generalisation. I don't see myself lacking confidence, and am relatively certain I am male (unless life is but a dream as I row row row my boat...)...

*enigmatic pause*

[as a not-so-out-of-point-but-still-pretty-bad footnote, Video Killed The Radio Star.]

*grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home